Not all funding sources are created equal. Whether you’re looking for start-up capital to get a venture going or need cash to sustain your business once you’ve started to grow, the financing options for startups and small businesses can be an overwhelming labyrinth of difficult decisions, hurdles, and compromises. But with the right advice and understanding of the funding ecosystem, it doesn’t have to be such a difficult process.
Join ITAC and NYDesigns for a conversation about some widely known and lesser-known funding options for your business — and find out which ones are right for you. You’ll hear from representatives from several funding agencies as well as a couple of startups who will share their fundraising success stories.
- Jun Shimada, ThinkEco, Founder and CEO
- John Abrashkin, Honeybee Robotics, Director of Business Development
- John Sinnott, Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR), Industrial Partnerships Manager
- Sumeet Shah, Brand Foundry, Venture Associate
- Bryan Doxford, New York Business Development Corporation (NYBDC), SVP & Program Manager – Community Lending
6:30 – 7:00pm | Networking and light fare
7:00 – 7:10pm | Introductions
7:10 – 8:00pm | Rapid-fire panelist presentations – 7 minutes per panelist followed by 3 minutes of Q&A
8:00 – 8:30pm | More networking
Light refreshments will be provided.
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: NY Designs 45-50 30th Street, Long Island City, NY
From the E/M/G/7 station at Court Square, walk across the Thomson Ave bridge toward the rooftop IDCNY sign. Make a right on 30th St. The entrance is on your right just before 47th Ave.
To register click on or copy this url: http://www.meetup.com/Urban-Manufacturing/events/226011742/