Instagram is the modern business card, portfolio, and home page all wrapped up into one. Your bio makes the first impression and increases your discoverability. Here’s 5 steps to make it count:
1. Be clear. New visitors should quickly understand what you and your business are all about. Think of it as a 150 character business pitch.
2. Consider SEO. Make sure your description has targeted keywords to help attract the traffic you’re looking for.
3. Use Linktree to share your most important website links right in your bio. It’s easy to use, customizable, and free!
4. Choose the right profile picture. Use your logo (or a shortened version of your logo) to build brand awareness. Or, if you’re selling “you” on Instagram, opt for a headshot or product image to make a more informal connection.
5. Add your contact information. If you have an Instagram business account, you can include your email, phone, and address on your profile without having to use character space in your bio.
Your bio is an important tool to attract your target audience, generating website traffic, and capturing new leads. If you’re putting energy into your Instagram page, you need to ensure that you’re making the best first impression with every new visitor.
Looking for social media or marketing support? ITAC offers a variety of solutions to polish up profiles, build social media strategies, promote your business, and much more. Contact us today to learn more.